twitter twitter pinterest instagram google plus flickr bloglovinr

Pages

Apr 20, 2013

Embrace Self-Portraits

I'm a big fan of taking my own photo. My best photos of me are taken by me. If you aren't a fan of your photo, for whatever reason..get a camera and snap your own shots all day every day until you're more comfortable, until you get a good idea of what looks good and what doesn't. Or maybe you're like me and you just like to be silly and have fun. Every now and then you get a fun or great shot from the adventure. It really is that, an adventure. Make it real, by that I mean sometimes you're worth setting up lights, backdrops, driving somewhere fun and beautiful, tweaking the settings, tripods, remotes, props, etc... I mean it, make it a real session of you by you and for you. Don't be afraid to experiment, after all, it's just you. 

I've been snapping my own shots and making a deal out of it since before I got serious about photography. I like to find different angles of the camera, different poses while holding it or with a remote, different lighting and props...it's fun to experiment to make the shots a little different each time.

Here are some of my self-portraits ranging from the year 2008 to less than a week ago. I will admit, those instagram photo challenges have helped in some inspiration of the following...

SelfPortraits

Recently I got my digital hands on this book that is sure to keep me inspired and keep things interesting for my future self-portraits.

I would love to see your own self-portraits! Maybe just a favorite you have or a collection/album of them, please share away!



1 comment:

  1. How cool, very true My favorite pics of me are by me. Love this whole idea of learning more. I hate how I look in photos, it seems to take a whole bunch of shots to find one that is okay. Love all of these pics of you, these are the best.

    ReplyDelete